Prismatic—Issue 5; 2021
Previous issues can be found below along with a summary of their content.
Issue 4, 2021
- Sustainable improvements not silver bullets
- ZERO—Invisible, implicit AND important
- Lessons from lockdown: How did whānau experience home-learning of maths?
- PhD profile: Dr John Griffith Tupouniua
- From the classroom: Holiday challenge
- On the web: MOTAT’s Inenga
Issue 3, 2020
- The role of mathematics and statistics in an unknown future
- Using show and tell software to create, solve and share story problems within and behond the pāngarau classroom
- Mathematical processes—Visibility in the curriculum
- On the web: Virtual manipulatives
- From the classroom: Revisiting the Tangram
- Mathematical experiences of short-term international students in Aotearoa New Zealand
- PhD profile: Dr Gillian Frankcom-Burgess
Issue 2, 2020
- Wave after wave or mathematics reform: Are we throwing the baby out with the bathwater?
- You want to make a real difference to your learners’ mathematics: Research says to try this!
- On the web: CODAP
- From the classroom: Pixel Art
- Schools’ use of online maths instructional programs
- PhD profile: Dr Pania Te Maro
Issue 1, 2019
- Mathematics in the NZC: Is it enough?
- How is school mathematics represented in young adult fiction?
- On the web: The Parallel Project
- From the classroom: Disappearing decimals
- Home-school partnerships in mathematics
- PhD profile: Posing statistical questions with Dr Pip Arnold